Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Upcoming Ventures

I realize it's been a while, but I have been working on family history, primarily that of my wife. I am now slowly returning to the Tapscotts. For all practical purposes the second edition of my book, Henry the Immigrant, the First Tapscotts of Virginia, is completed. Now I just have to get it out. Watch this site for publication details.

My first new Tapscott venture is to trace the path of some of the descendants of Henry Tapscott of Caswell Co, NC as they travel through Green Co, KY and Barren Co, KY, (with possible sidetracks to Casey and Marion Counties in KY) to Allen Co., IN, and finally to Clark Co, IL. This will be the subject matter for a second book, unnamed as yet. The book may include all of the descendants of Henry of Caswell, in which case it may be very long, or just my own, who went to Clark County. This fall my wife and I will be tracing this trip by car, traveling back roads, in preparation for the writing of the book.

My second venture is to work on DNA tracing of Tapscotts. I plan to set up an internet site so that we can document the work. For a while, blogger may be the site, or possible it may be the Tapscott Times site at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Tapscott_Times/ might be available, though I have not yet checked with John Fox, the moderator (who is a descendant of Henry Tapscott of Caswell). If anyone is interested in participating, post a note here. I have already done an autosomal study (results on Ancestry.com), but we really need a yDNA study to solve some questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To directly contact the author, email retapscott@comcast.net