Friday, February 1, 2013

DNA

Today I ordered a yDNA 37-marker test kit from FamilyTreeDNA. The cost is $169 and is upgradable to a 67-marker test for an additional charge at any time. Since I believe my connection to Henry the Immigrant is fairly well established comparison of my results with other results should be able to answer some questions concerning the relationship to the Virginia Tapscotts of Robert Francis Tapscott, George Thomas Tapscott Sr (believed son of Thomas Cobbs Tapscott), the New Jersey/Ohio Tapscotts, the Tapscotts of Somerset England, etc. I'll keep you posted. And I am looking for other male Tapscotts who wish to get involved.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Robert,
    My brother, Douglas Alan Tapscott, has already been tested by Family Tree DNA. When you get your results you should be able to hook up with him right away.
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jan
    I have a 1-step match with Douglas on a YDNA-37 test. This means that he and I are undoubtedly related through the Tapscott Y-DNA line. I believe that your line connects with Capt. Henry Tapscott and Margaret Stott. My line connects with Edney Tapscott, brother of Capt. Henry. This is exceedingly exciting since it "confirms" our genealogical research showing two lines, Capt. Henry and Edney, joining at Henry the Immigrant, the first Tapscott. Now all we have to do is to find someone on the third line descending from James the son of Henry the Immigrant.

    ReplyDelete

To directly contact the author, email retapscott@comcast.net